Make Your Marque: ID Your Mini | Seven Mini Parts
What Mini do you own? Make your marque from this list:
- Mk1 is the original from 1959-1967 which had a smaller rear window, small round rear lamps, external door hinges, no bonnet moulding but a moustache shape grille moulding. Indicator stalk had green lens on end.
- Mk2, introduced in October 1967. It had a new grille with upper moulding attached to the bonnet except van and pickup. Larger square rear lamps and larger rear window. Indicator stalk loses the green lens and becomes multiple use with horn, indicators and headlamp dip/flash.
- Mk3 introduced in November 1969 had wind-up windows with internal door hinges except van and pickup. The boot lid lost the original hinged number plate and its recess shape and a large rear colour coded lamp was fitted in its place. Larger rear side windows.
- Mk4 introduced in 1976 had a front rubber mounted subframe with single tower bolts and the rear frame had some larger bushes introduced. Twin stalk indicators were introduced with larger foot pedals. From 1977 on the rear indicator lamps had the reverse lights incorporated in them.
- Mk5: All cars had 8.4" brake discs and plastic wheel arches, but retained the same Mk4 body shell shape.
- Mk6 is 1990-on, when where engine mounting points were moved forward to take 1275cc power units, and includes the HIF carb version and plus the single point fuel injected car which came out in 1991. The 998cc power units were discontinued. Bonnet release fitted from 1992.
- Mk7 is the final twin point injection with front-mounted radiator.